Oakland Public Training Fund and OUSD donate thousands and thousands in money, meals and computer systems
Oakland Public Education Fund and OUSD Provide Oakland Families with millions in cash, food and computers; Team starts additional fundraising campaigns for families in need
Oakland – With more than 2,000 individual donors, the COVID-19 Aid Fund for Students and Schools in Oakland has raised more than $ 2.5 million. The COVID-19 Relief Fund is a joint initiative of the Oakland Public Education Fund and the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD), and the effort is far from complete.
OUSD offers computers
The COVID-19 Relief Fund has helped OUSD provide millions of nutritious meals for students and families. The fund has also paid more than $ 1 million in cash grants to Oakland students and their families, with a focus on undocumented, undocumented people and families in dire economic straits due to the pandemic. The COVID-19 Relief Fund also helped the district provide distance learning materials and more than 20,000 permanent and / or loaned computers and internet hotspots.
“It’s amazing how our community here in Oakland and beyond has come together so quickly to provide the support our students and their families need. It shows what is possible when we work together, ”said Ali Medina, executive director of the Oakland Public Education Fund.
When the pandemic began last March, the Oakland Ed Fund and OUSD quickly created the COVID-19 Relief Fund. Donations have been received from across the country, including major contributions from Salesforce and the Stupski and Hellman Foundation.
The Oakland Ed Fund and OUSD continue to raise funds to fund families, establish learning centers, and prepare for schools to reopen safely. You can donate now at: https://www.classy.org/give/277078/#!/donation/checkout
“We have been in Oakland for ten months at this incredibly challenging time for many,” said OUSD Superintendent Kyla Johnson-Trammell. “With the rise in COVID cases over the Christmas season and the corresponding detrimental effects of being at home on the economy, many of our families saw their challenges multiply. While raising the first $ 2.5 million was an amazing feat, we’re far from done. We need another infusion of support for our families as we go through what we all hope to be the final labor of this pandemic. Please give generously. “
A comprehensive report on the impact of the COVID-19 Relief Fund is available at: https://www.oaklandedfund.org/give/covid-19/
Via the Oakland Public Education Fund
The Oakland Public Education Fund (“The Ed Fund”) directs the development and management of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and prosper. Learn more at www.oaklandedfund.org
Via the Oakland Unified School District
The Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) in California’s most diverse city is committed to creating a learning environment where “Every student thrives!” More than half of our students speak a non-English language at home. And each of our 81 schools is staffed with talented people who are united around a common catalog of values: Students First, Equity, Excellence, Integrity, Cultural Responsiveness and Joy. We strive to prepare all students for college, professional, and community success.
To learn more about OUSD’s full-service community district focused on academic achievement while serving the whole child in safe schools, please visit OUSD.org and follow us at @OUSDnews.
Article based on press release from OUSD to Zennie62Media.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA tell the story about you that the media doesn’t produce. Visit our website and rent Zennie62Media.
Do you have a refutation of your own YouTube video? Send the link to [email protected] to consider for Oakland News Now.
Oakland News Now Latest Posts
- Boxing Deontay Wilder Says Tyson Fury Lied About Getting Covid From Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland’s West Oakland homeless population, small business, need AB 464 for economic development
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr says he feels a sense of urgency in the defense, from Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders RTC offers express buses to Eric Pangilinan’s Allegiant Stadium
- Festival on Lake Oakland, CA
- Las Vegas Raiders: Breaking News about Theo Riddick and Kenyan Drake by Joseph Armendariz
- Video tour of 719 Mandana Blvd, Oakland
- Video tour of 330 13th St Unit 3B in Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority unanimously approves the term sheet for the African American-led group to bring the WNBA team to Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Gus Bradley Returned His Commitment to Excellence? By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike San Francisco: Market St: Ferry to Castro, then Twin Peaks Fog and back.
- Carroll Fife Live Discussion – Black Arts and Culture in Oakland, 6:30 PM TODAY!
- 5735 Claremont Ave Oakland CA | Oakland Homes For Sale
- CHP releases video of a ruthless driver and passengers in Oakland
- Statement by President Joe Biden on the death of former Michigan Senator Carl Levin
- Warriors unveil the first round of the 2021 NBA draft: Moses Moody and Jonathan Kuminga
- Raiders Live: Bradley, Ngakoue, Moehrig and Thomas Presser – 7.30.21
- What’s on the Oakland City Council agenda for July 30, 2021 today? Can one say violence prevention?
- Willie McGinest and Andrew Siciliano have to work on NFL network chemistry
- Olympics Baseball One-time MLB vets lift the Dominican Republic above Mexico
Oakland News Now Archive
Oakland News Now Archives Select month July 2021 (695) June 2021 (431) May 2021 (393) April 2021 (463) March 2021 (320) February 2021 (315) January 2021 (356) December 2020 (319) November 2020 (349 .)) October 2020 (444) September 2020 (445) August 2020 (496) July 2020 (462) June 2020 (391) May 2020 (301) April 2020 (289) March 2020 (239) February 2020 (221) January 2020 December 2019 (161) November 2019 (183) October 2019 (226) September 2019 (173) August 2019 (231) July 2019 (239) June 2019 (194) May 2019 (137) April 2019 (224) March 2019 (164.)) February 2019 (142) January 2019 (181) December 2018 (147) November 2018 (168) October 2018 (173) September 2018 (192) August 2018 (183) July 2018 (176) June 2018 ( 125) May 2018 (28.)) April 2018 (18) March 2018 (6)